The hearing for all the vaccine/exemption bills was heard on July 26th, 2023 and at this time we are asking people to take action as follows:
1. Send your testimony to the Joint Committee on Public Health who will continue to take written testimony up until the bill is acted upon.
2. Send your testimony to your own State Reps and Senators.
3. Go to our Action Center and complete all the campaigns supporting/opposing bills that affect access to education.
4. Take a moment to learn about the legislative process and how a bill becomes a law.
Health Action Massachusetts is a registered 501(c)(4) non-profit volunteer organization that exists to protect and maintain medical, religious, parental and educational rights through grassroots advocacy, influential public policy, quality educational resources, and training to an engaged, connected community.
Education for All
At our core, we are focused on preserving individual rights, while advancing equity and equality in access to education for all without discrimination or coercion. Education is a fundamental right and is foundational for all students to have the same opportunities in their lives.
We are devoted to helping individuals become advocates for themselves and their families. We achieve this by keeping all Massachusetts residents informed of proposed legislation and providing them with the tools they need to advocate for and against bills that directly impact their lives.
For over a decade, Health Action MA and its families, have successfully lobbied for education rights within the State. Our efforts have included proposing several pieces of legislation that would protect religious freedom, individualized medical care, educational rights and parental autonomy.
Welcome to Health Action MA’s Advocacy Center where you can find everything you need to protect and preserved educational rights in the Commonwealth.
Join us in protecting the rights of individuals, families and communities by acting today. Together, we can make sure that Massachusetts remains a leader in sound and public policies.
WHERE TO START
- Scroll down and check out our active campaigns where you can support/oppose bills by sending pre-filled emails to key targets.
- Take a look our our current initiatives (below) to see if you can help.
- Visit our Resources and 2023-2024 Bills page to learn about the bills we are supporting/opposing this session.
- Contact your own State Rep’s and Senators (and let them know your position on the bills). Our checklist provides all the details to set you on the right track.
- Prepare to testify verbally and/or in writing with our FAQs, testimony guides and resources.
- Sign-up for our texts alerts, newsletters, join our Facebook group and follow our social media accounts to stay current.
- Volunteer with us and donate to us, to help us continue our very important work in the Commonwealth.
Questions? Send us an email
OPPOSE THE REMOVAL OF RELIGIOUS EXEMPTIONS IN MA
Proposed bill H.604 and S.1391 aims to remove the religious exemption to vaccination for school aged children in Massachusetts, additionally the bill would add a data collection component.
OPPOSE An Act Promoting Community Immunity (S.1458 and H.2151)
The Community Immunity Act will violate basic human rights, medical ethics, and principles of informed consent. Provisions in this bill would allow vaccination without parental consent, limit medical exemptions for medically-fragile children, and limit religious freedom with respect to vaccination exemptions.
SUPPORT H.582 - An Act Relative to the Protection of Medical Exemptions for Immunizations
Take action and support H.582, a bill that strengthens and broadens medical exemptions for school attendance, prioritizing children's health and empowering medical professionals.
OPPOSE H.471 - Adds HPV and Hep A to the Required Vaccines for School in MA
Bill H.471 proposes to add two additional vaccines, the HPV vaccine and the Hepatitis A vaccine, to the list of required vaccines to attend school in Massachusetts. This bill is unnecessary and destructive.
Petition to Keep Covid-19 Vaccines Optional for Children in Massachusetts
Please voice your support to keep pediatric COVID-19 vaccines OPTIONAL for children in Massachusetts, by signing and sharing our petition to the MA Department of Public Health and State Leadership.
EMAIL CAMPAIGN - KEEP COVID-19 vaccines voluntary FOR SCHOOL attendance in MA
Contact your State Officials and voice your support to keep COVID-19 vaccination voluntary in the Commonwealth and NOT a requirement for school attendance.
Sign-Up to receive important bill updates, action alerts and more!